Thread: Guild World : Sliss'Ash'Schtû.

Map Guild World : Sliss'Ash'Schtû.

Yes, it's another map from this stunning Guild World project...
    Pure black and white, trying to develop a particular mountain and forest style. Created with procreate on ipad and inkscape for the labelling.
    See the guild world thread here.
    Sliss'Ash'Schtû is the homeland of the Ashteens, large bipedal dinosaur who consider the world as a vast hunting ground. All of the feudal society turned to the exclusive satisfaction of its dominant caste, the Warrior Lords who spend their time between their domain management and the Great Hunt.
    All species, that they are endowed with intelligence, represent a potential prey to which compliance is granted only if it is worthy of a good hunting for them...
    For centuries, the Ashteens reigned as masters on their ancestral lands. Their life was beautiful and joyful, hunting the inferior races or harnessing them to enjoy the fruits of their labor.
    Then came the Dwarves and their fierce obstinacy to dig rocks and pierce the scales of the world. The hunts became dangerous and deadly. The Ashteens had that respect tenfold these beings of small sizes but with disproportionate ego.
    But when some of them suggested the idea that these beings could be staffed with the Ashma, the first split occurred. The Siss' Ashteens wanted to regulate hunting and establish seasons to allow the dwarves to reproduce and let them take forces or even establish an agreement with them. The Schtû'Ashtéens wanted to keep the ancestral traditions and allow the nobles to be free of their choice and their hunting.
    Then came the men and the tensions intensified. They wanted to trade and carried in their luggage the Cheese. These were among the Siss'Ashteens that arose the first Ashguls, those who drugged, drown their Ashma in the torpor of the cheese flavors.
    The parties of the Schtu'Ashteens saw the demon at their door and stressed their position, seeking to establish a Cheese ban on the whole of the territory. But the parties of the Siss'Ashteens didn't want to let their achievements unravel. Independent territories arose and wars broke out.
    Feel free to comment, rate or rep.
    Cheers.
    Attached Images Attached Images

A great map and awesome linework skills
    I'm allergic to pollen! - Amaranthus hypochondriacus

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected Robulous's Avatar

I love this map, very professional I can imagine it in a book.

A great map for an fun and very original idea! Well done, Warlin.

Yes, very well done, as others have already pointed out. I especially dig those trees.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Quote Originally Posted by Barek333 View Post
    A great map and awesome linework skills
    Thanks Barek, trying to improve them all along.

Quote Originally Posted by Robulous View Post
    I love this map, very professional I can imagine it in a book.
    Thanks Robulous. Hope to make some book maps one day .

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    A great map for an fun and very original idea! Well done, Warlin.
    Thanks Ilanthar. I appreciate your comments as i know how much you can have original ideas yourself. Le Mont Saint Michel au milieu de Paris, quand même ! Tout le monde sait qu'il est en Bretagne .

Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    Yes, very well done, as others have already pointed out. I especially dig those trees.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    Thanks Arsheesh. The choice of the style of trees was hard and their placement in the map harder

Guild Apprentice Facebook Connected sword peddler's Avatar

While I think this map is gorgeous in all the right ways, it always takes me out a bit when all of the elements are copy and paste jobs. It takes a little bit of heart out of the piece.

@ sword peddler : i understand what you feel about the copy and paste job. For the forest, in the making, i have to choose between spending more time on this map doing ton of trees with the hope that the result in the final is better then this... I think that the technique i use is not far from a custom brush in Photoshop. All the elements ? Not sure you watch carefully at the mountains... Thanks for sharing your feeling about this nonetheless. It'll be usefull for my other maps.