Thread: The Island of Anima - Looking for Critique/advice!

Map The Island of Anima - Looking for Critique/advice!

Greetings! I've been lurking on here for some time now and learned a hell of a lot, but now I think its time to share and ask for critique/advice on my own creations!

So for the game a buddy of mine is running, he is using a ridiculous small image of a map he cropped with onenote/word, basically killing all detail on it:

Map - Teil.jpg

As an exercise I offered to remake it to an map where you can actually see something and over the last few days made this:

The rather empty part in the middle of the island is the City Anima, which I struggled for quite some time on how to depict, but in the end settled on a simple road map, going out from the inner city (the hexagon).

Any critique and help would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Welcome to the Guild, Celeron!

Even though the "tiny" map is soooo small, I instantly recognized it! It's Ember Isle from the MMORPG: RIFT (Storm Legion expansion). I had a ton of fun playing there.

Your map is looking really great so far. I love how you've done the edges/border, and that compass is beautiful! I'll be giving you some rep for this, and look forward to seeing how it evolves.

(Just be careful of copyright violation, in case you ever intend to do anything commercial with it).

Nice! You did a great job! I love how it looks like it's on a old paper and the compass rose looks very nice as well. Right now the forest is showing straight through the mountains which looks a little strange and hard to see the mountains.

By the way I searched up "Ember Isle from the MMORPG: RIFT Map" and found higher res versions of that map you were using. But I think you should continue on with this map you're making, it looks great. Or you could even make your own unique map.

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Thanks!

Well, I am currently making a map for my own campaign, so a unique one is already in the works