Thread: WIP- Demaria

Default WIP- Demaria

demoria.png

First things first as my first pot on this forum I would like to say hello and that I look forward to many days of map making in the future and that I cant wait to learn more about cartography .

This is the map of the world I use in my Stories. It mainly is just for geological reference at the moment and this particular version does not show any settlements or the like.

Please let me know what you think and any ways to possibly improve the map because I am hoping to have this be very realistically formed . So any input is welcomed .
    Thank you and have a blessed day.

Welcome to the guild! Good job for jumping right in and posting a map.
    A few things jump out at me right away. First of all the colour of blues. It's very bright and saturated and little a bit of an eyesore for a map like this, it distracts from the map as well.
    Another thing is that some of the elements of the map are very pixalated (coastline, lakes).
    Also a very big one is your rivers. Check out this thread to understand how rivers flow: https://www.cartographersguild.com/s...ead.php?t=3822
    Rivers don't split and don't cut across a whole continent. They start from where rain has fallen and flow downhill in the path of steepest descent. They join together to form bigger rivers which eventually flow out to the sea. Almost everyone makes that mistake with rivers starting out.

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM