Thread: The Fatman Cometh!

Default The Fatman Cometh!

Hello all, I am TheMasterFatman. The concept of mapping a fantasy world is extremely new to me so any tips, tricks, or suggestion of where to begin would be much appreciated. I'll be stalking the forums looking to glean as much info as I can from the more advanced mappers.

Welcome to the Guild TMF! The tutorial's section is your friend here, there are loads of helpful tips and tricks to help you get started. Perhaps the best place to begin however is the Quickstart Guide to Fantasy Mapping. I recommend trying out several tutorials to help you test out different styles and learn some of the basics. If you have any specific questions don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Hi, and welcome to the Guild! Best advice is to dive right in and, as Arsheesh suggests, try out a few tutorials. You can learn a lot of techniques from working through a few of them, and you can use those skills to develop your own worlds. If you'd like to share your work-in-progress, feel free to start a thread. Most of all, enjoy!

Just ask if you need help with anything.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"