Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Writer in need of a map

Guild Novice

Default Writer in need of a map

Hello there, I am a writer and i'm looking for someone to draw a worldmap for me. It has to relatively huge because I am going to be writing all my stories using only this worldmap and it has many kingdoms, towns and cities and the like. I have tried drawing it by hand but failed when i tried to draw the geographical map and I have also tried using GIMP but I have problems downloading the map brushes i want. Therefore I am looking for someone to do it more professionally and for quite cheap as I am still a student. Please contact me if interested. Thank you!

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Minimire Galfindo View Post
    Hello there, I am a writer and i'm looking for someone to draw a worldmap for me. It has to relatively huge because I am going to be writing all my stories using only this worldmap and it has many kingdoms, towns and cities and the like. I have tried drawing it by hand but failed when i tried to draw the geographical map and I have also tried using GIMP but I have problems downloading the map brushes i want. Therefore I am looking for someone to do it more professionally and for quite cheap as I am still a student. Please contact me if interested. Thank you!
    Hi M.G., if you'd please follow the template for requests laid out here we can all get a better idea of the type of map you're looking for.

Guild Novice

Default Reply

Apologies! I will make my request clearer XD

This is something I am looking for: [do note that all credits go to the original artist and i will link it below the picture]

thetania_lr_by_sapiento-da9y2pt.jpg
    http://sapiento.deviantart.com/art/Thetania-621368129

I am mainly looking for one giant continent for my map, almost something like what J.R.R. Tolkien did for his. I am planning to have at least thirteen to seventeen different lands or states. with at least three to five towns, villages, cities or castles in each state or land. Like I said, really big world XD I'm also planning to have a few temples around and same for individual huts.

Now that's for the towns and cities, moving on, I'd like to have a few mountain ranges here and there, but mostly along the coastline. And also a number of forests. I'm planning to include deserts, arctic lands, wastelands and dead lands as well.

For deadline wise, I'm note too sure how long someone takes to make the map, but I would like to have it by the end of the month as my friend and I will not be able to work on our worldbuilding for our story without the map. But I can try my best to negotiate.

@dvg94 I have taken a look at your works you have provided and I'm really impressed by them! I am more than happy to work with you. I have sent you an email regarding this and we can discuss it further there (:

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Well, now that we have more details...

Feel free to take a look at my portfolio here, my last commission here, and my latest WIP here.

If you are interested in my services, please feel free to contact me at wolfmaster [at] gmx [dot] net

Kindest regards,
    Sebastian

I might be interested in the project. You can have a look at my portfolio at danielsmaps.com/portfolio to get an impression of my work. If you are interested you can contact me at info [at] danielsmaps [dot] com.

Kind regards,
    Daniel

Guild Novice

Both of your works are amazing! I've sent both of you an email for more details (:

Ferrol, Coruña, Spain, Earth, Solar System

Hey Minimire,

I could be interested in the project. Here you have some samples of my latest works::

Let me know if you are interested in my services. You can reach me at: info -at- versakestudio -dot- com

Regards,

Antonio Frade

Guild Novice

Hi AntonioFrade! I am interested in working with you, however when i searched the site it states that the site is unavailable?

Ferrol, Coruña, Spain, Earth, Solar System

Hello Minimire,

I sent to tyou a private message.

Antonio

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast