Thread: [WIP] World of Lumenia

Wip [WIP] World of Lumenia

Hey Guys!

So this is the first time I've actually ever done a map before and I really wanted to make a map for the dnd campaign I'm running. As such, I've been lurking these forums for a while trying to get whatever information I can. Fast forward in time, finally got around to making a map and it has begun! All of this is done on photoshop, I don't really have any of the other programs sadly. So far all I've done is the ocean, added some mountains and snow on said mountains. Still planning on adding vegetation, deserts, a polar region, and a necrotic....dead zone in the southern continent.

I'm still having some struggle with adding vegetation and the other things mentioned above, so any tips on a way to add polar region, vegetation, and a necrotic dead zone (I really have no idea how I'd even go about that) would be awesome. Currently I'm following Saderan and Jezelf tutorial, but I'm using photoshop CS6, so those tutorials are a bit outdated (but they're awesome and got me this far).

Hi Ookakiba, why don't you post what you have already, so we can see where you're at. It may be best to work on one or two areas at a time, and ask for advice for specific goals you're working towards or issues that you're dealing with. That'll probably get you the best feedback.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Yep, I agree with CP. If we can't see what you're working with so far, there's not a lot of advice we can give you.

I could have sworn I thought I posted an image of my map here. o_0 Sorry for such a late response, work has been extremely busy, but here it is. Sadly, I haven't had time to work on my map.

Attached Images Attached Images

Life took hold and haven't been able to work on my map until recently, but I'm still looking for some tips on how to add vegetation, polar regions/ice, and rivers. To reiterate, I'm following Saderan and Jezelf tutorial, using photoshop CS6, however some of the methods I can't seem to be able to replicate.