Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mar/April '17 Lite Challenge: Election Year: A Retrospective Look

Guild Adept Facebook Connected

Default Mar/April '17 Lite Challenge: Election Year: A Retrospective Look

Here's a quick entry for this month's challenge.

### LATEST WIP ###
    Book Cover.png

I made this by playing around with an electoral map of the U.S., taking a screenshot, and a little manipulation in GIMP. I couldn't find a good, convincing toilet paper texture, but an unrolled, wadded up piece of paper freshly pulled from the trash seems apt for this fictitious book.

For those who aren't familiar with the U.S. presidential election process, each state gets a certain number of "electoral votes" according to population, and candidates who win the state typically get all the electoral votes. This can lead to situations like the one last year where someone loses the popular vote, but wins the election. As we approach each presidential election day, we see lots of these electoral maps.

I don't know if this one deserves any votes, but I hope it gives you a chuckle.
    Last edited by Coriolis; 04-12-2017 at 02:54 PM. Reason: I didn't have the month and challenge in the title.

That gave me a good chuckle!!

I love the quotes at the bottom.
    I got a chuckle from it

Thanks!

I seem to have made a mistake in the original title, and the edited title is not showing up in the forum page. Is there some way for me to fix that?

### LATEST WIP ###
    Book Cover.png
    The title wasn't quite centered, so I fixed that. I also turned up the crinkled look, because it wasn't quite "freshly pulled out of the garbage" enough. Maybe I should add a stain or two as well?

Since this art just doesn't feel complete without bringing back everything we're desperately trying to forget about the election, I'm asking for you to join the winning team and vote on April 14th to see me wi... er, to join the movement!
    #CartographersForCoriolis
    #ImWithHim
    #MakeANovelCoverGreatAgain
    #BuildABigBeautifulSilverCompassAndMakeTheCartogra phersPayForIt

I'm a Brit, but my American friends were deeply involved with the election, and I was getting blow by blow accounts of practically everything by email - as it happened, so it gave me a chuckle too to see this map too

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

LOL... that pretty much sums it up I think
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Haha! Brilliant

This was worthy of me coming out of lurker mode and making a comment.....Absolutely perfect. Thank you for giving me a laugh, on an otherwise very depressing subject

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast