Thread: New here. Working on maps for upcoming projects

Post New here. Working on maps for upcoming projects

Hello there,

I am new here and I am looking forward to learning all I can about map design. I use to draw my own maps until I developed tremors in both hands. I hope to be able to finish my maps and get them published in my gaming guide. I am presently on my 4th design for my map set. It has been a very long road.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

hello des and welcome to the guild. There is lots to learn about map making in here and I wish you luck with completing your maps. Its really cool that you keep mapping
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Hello Des

I really feel for you with the tremor problem. I have the same problem, and you can see it in a lot of my maps if you know what to look for

There are other members here who have even worse problems, so don't ever think you are alone with it all.

Funnily enough, I find the only way to get rid of the problem (the shakey lines, not the tremors themselves) is to draw with pencil on relatively rough paper. The friction is just about enough to steady the line, and the only map I've done in pencil so far seems to be the most popular one of my finished maps.

Wip Thanks Tilt and Mouse

Thanks for the encouragement. I have been working on my maps in many different designs for quite some time now. I have posted my latest version on a separate post in the Regional/World Mapping Section. Let me know what you think so far. The project I am working on is a d20 Gaming System Guide for and series of novels I am finishing called the "Chronicles of Diatentia". All I need is to finish the maps and the guide is finished. I have a page on Facebook that has images of my previous map designs.