Thread: world map help please. draft in MS paint

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Map world map help please. draft in MS paint

OK! i have a complete draft of the world map i'm making. i have no clue how land works, can i commission someone at the very least to remake the land masses to something more natural.

( side note: i'm looking to pay 50 here, i don't want go over 100. One person sent me an est. of 500 for this. So! i'm pretty sad right now.)

world map - Copy.png

If you need details on anything, ask me.

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Looking at the diverse locations you have on your draft, and assuming you want this in color at a reasonable size with the option to print it the estimate of $/€500 seems (closer to) realistic to me, certainly more so than what you're willing to pay. Sorry mate, them's just the facts.

Are you are looking for someone to JUST define new costalines? or draw a full map in certain style? I got the impression like you want the just to rehsape the land, but i may be wrong.
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Default you are correct sir

Quote Originally Posted by Voolf View Post
    Are you are looking for someone to JUST define new costalines? or draw a full map in certain style? I got the impression like you want the just to rehsape the land, but i may be wrong.
    yes, yes and yes! you hit the nail on the head. i just need someone to redo the land masses for me. anything else is either a bonus or i can handle it my self. i don't think land is an oval is all.

in short "JUST define new coastlines" and "reshape the land" I'll deal with the rest myself.
    Last edited by Rodney Polk; 07-12-2017 at 03:06 PM.

Default well,

Quote Originally Posted by Wired View Post
    Looking at the diverse locations you have on your draft, and assuming you want this in color at a reasonable size with the option to print it the estimate of $/€500 seems (closer to) realistic to me, certainly more so than what you're willing to pay. Sorry mate, them's just the facts.
    there will be no printing. i can resize it if i need to. I'm willing to settle for just the reshaping for the land masses. so a black and white redraw of the basic land will do. if I'm asking to much here.

( i hope i don't sound snippy)
    Last edited by Rodney Polk; 07-12-2017 at 03:04 PM.

I sent you an email.
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

Default the take?

i believe this has been taken by the person above.

500 what exactly? I'm confused as to why this would cost so much for what you're looking for?

Also, new here, hi everyone

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

Guild Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Xander120 View Post
    500 what exactly? I'm confused as to why this would cost so much for what you're looking for?

Also, new here, hi everyone

I'm assuming default currency is typically USD/EUR. As for the amount, 500 is pretty typical for world maps based on what I've seen. Yes the price is quite expensive. However considering the amount of work that goes into a world map of professional quality (tens of hours) it's a reasonable price i can assure you. If you think, a map like this, redone in a program like Photoshop, and done by a professional could take as many as twenty hours, if you assume for their time they are asking about 30USD an hour, with a minimum of time spent on the map 10 hour, you're looking at a minimum price of 300USD with a maximum of closer to 600USD.

Wow, hadn't considered that.... That's a lot of money right there...