Thread: Hello...again

Default Hello...again

Hi all.

So, I'm not actually a new member. In fact, I've been here for years, and many of you will know me by my old username, TheHoarseWhisperer. I never actually liked that name, though, so I asked Robbie if he could change it, and so I would like to reintroduce myself to the guild as...

Wingshaw

Also, since I never wrote an introduction when I first joined, I thought I could take this opportunity to issue an official greeting to you all, and say a little about myself

I like maps. I like making maps. I especially like city maps, which might also explain why I studied architecture history and urban planning at university. But really I like all maps - dungeons, regions, world, space, fantasy, real-world, sci-fi... I also like stories. Even more than making maps, I like making stories. Not stories about people, but stories about worlds. I know some people world-build for their novels; others do it for their games. I world-build for the sake of world-building. I also do it so that I can learn a little more about this world that we are all (presumably) sitting on, and which we all (presumably, although in some cases arguable) come from.

So, that's me, summed up in a couple of lines. I'm looking forward to getting to know y'all (again)

Wingshaw
    (formerly TheHoarseWhisperer or THW)

Formerly TheHoarseWhisperer

Blog Entries

Hey - Welcome, again

I almost skipped this post and I am glad I didn't.

Nice to meet you, Wingshaw [formerly THW]
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

LOL! Hello friend

I did a classic 'take two' when I saw your new name with the old avatar in my friend list the other day, and then I had one of those 'brain is currently disconnected' moments when I couldn't for the life of me work out what you used to call yourself!

Great that you're interested in maps, though

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

It confused me so much I sent you a PM! Disregard.

Yeah, it has me pretty confused, too. I keep catching myself signing off with the usual THW. I guess I just gotta make many posts on the forums, so my new name is as well known as the old one

Wingshaw

Formerly TheHoarseWhisperer