Thread: Years and years....

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Default Years and years....

Hey guys,

I've known about this site for years. I've used so many artists' work for inspiration. (I didn't steal any material though.)
    I've always always wanted to be good at developing maps like the people on this website.

I've rp'd through various outlets over the years, but my primary outlet is D&D.

A player from my group asked me if they could have a map of my homebrew world, and I finally opened up CS6 and started tackling this beast that I've been avoiding. I hope that I'm welcome here and can be an asset to the community.

I've done matte paintings in the past on CS6, so I'm not a total beginner (not advanced in the least though.)

A little about me. I am 22 years old, 23 in Dec. 2017. I was in the USAF and now go to college on my G.I. Bill in Gainesville, FL.
    I dance Salsa and Bachata and have a wonderful dance community here in town.

I also love motorsports. It's the only kind of sport that really interests me. lol

Tysvm if you read this far!
    -Donnie

p.s. Oh yeah, my name is London, but you can call me Donnie. (Lon-Don ; Don - Donnie)

Welcome to the forums!

I'm in a similar situation where want some material to help them visualize the world they are in playing in. I don't really care for only doing this half way so I started researching some techniques and landed here.

Best of luck!

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Quote Originally Posted by ninjawarrior5224 View Post
    Welcome to the forums!

I'm in a similar situation where want some material to help them visualize the world they are in playing in. I don't really care for only doing this half way so I started researching some techniques and landed here.

Best of luck!
    Thank you so much! I actually just finished my first map. It's in the finished maps section of the forums. I'm proud of it, but for some reason I have this yearning to just get better at this craft! xD

Good lick to you too!

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Welcome to the Guild, Donnie!