Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nov/Dec '17 Lite Challenge: Map a Farm or Ranch

Wip Nov/Dec '17 Lite Challenge: Map a Farm or Ranch

Nov / Dec '17 Lite Challenge: Map a Farm or Ranch

Since we are getting into the holidays I thought we should do something a little easier. Map a Farm or Ranch.
    But that gives a lot of range of possibilities, could be a standard peasant farm, or a big horse ranch, a cavernous mushroom farm or a Tribble farm on an asteroid. Come up with something unexpected if you want to.

Win a silver compass, you know you want one, come and get it.

The Challenge will run until the end of the day on the 14th of December (Midnight eastern daylight time between the 14th and 15th, more or less, depending on when I can get to the computer to start the voting) and then there will be 3 days of voting. Someone is going to win a Shiny Silver Compass, make it yours!

As usual, title your threads: "Nov/Dec '17 Lite Challenge: << your title here >> "

Don't forget to put the hashtag: ### Latest WIP ### in front of all WIP pictures, and especially in front of your final map. And don't forget, there is a WIP button that automatically posts this for you. Try it, You'll like it!

And remember, if you put more than one image on the same post, only one of them gets picked up.

Quick rules reminder: The Lite Challenge is open to anyone who has not already won 3 Silver compasses, 1 Gold Compass, or been selected as a featured Cartographer's Choice Map.
    Also, the map has to be started after the first day of the challenge, no reusing older maps even if they were not finished.

Yes... A zombie farm. Similar to http://myapokalips.com/show/44#comic but with treadmills!

I'm getting my challenges crossed, aren't I?
    Last edited by waldronate; 11-19-2017 at 01:31 AM. Reason: Used the comic source instead of an aggregator

Fear not Straff, this one shall rise to the top again. Oh look, it did.

Guild Artisan

Why is only 1 of the maps showing up in the thumbnails? I logged on to take a peek and only saw 1, and thought, I am not too far behind but then found several pictures posted in the threads. Are the labeled wrong, or defunct thread?

I really need to get something going, the layout is in my mind and has been for a while, but haven't liked anything I put down yet. But got 3 days this weekend I should get some time in.

Yes, one was labelled wrong, I fixed it.
    I don't know why the other is not working. the WIP tag look OK, maybe it will work with his next post.

Quote Originally Posted by waldronate View Post
    Yes... A zombie farm. Similar to http://myapokalips.com/show/44#comic but with treadmills!

I'm getting my challenges crossed, aren't I?
    Heh - I was actually thinking of doing a connected one to my zombie fortress...

Go For it. No reason we can't have 2 Zombie Farms. ( I hear they are real easy to grow, )
    Last edited by Bogie; 11-29-2017 at 08:30 PM.

Guild Artisan

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    Go For it. No reason we cna't have 2 Zombie Farms. ( I hear they are real easy to grow, )
    Agreed. Go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    Go For it. No reason we can't have 2 Zombie Farms. ( I hear they are real easy to grow, )
    Quote Originally Posted by Kier View Post
    Agreed. Go for it.
    Done. Not necessarily a zombie apocalypse, but will work for one.

Just realized I didn't stick the "Nov/Dec '17 Lite Challenge:" in my thread title. If someone w/ the powers to do so could kindly take care if it, please and thank you.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast