Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nov / Dec ’17 Lite Challenge: Finnabair's Flesh Farm

Guild Artisan

Default Nov / Dec ’17 Lite Challenge: Finnabair's Flesh Farm

I was torn between like 3 different farms, a Christmas Trees farm with a cool hot chocolate, marshmellow compass, or a candy cane farm(Christmas Mood I guess.), but instead went the complete opposite. No draft yet, but will try and get a sketch up tonight.

Finnabair’s Flesh Farm

On the outskirts of the Darhollow Woods, nestled a top a path lined with stonewalls and fields, lays Finnabairs, a tiny stone cottage cut from the shadows of the darkest of trees. She is a witch, for who else would share the same woods as Gethan’s Grave. Over a thousand bodies lay in its hallowed grounds, with fresh graves dug daily. For it is said that in these woods their spirits can roam free, and all wish to be buried there.

Among the woods, where the sun doesn’t shine, she harvests the rarest of herbs, taken from the forests of stone, scraped from the statues of Medusa’s Gaze, or harvested from the vile swamps of decaying trees thousands of years old.

But rumor has it: What she harvests from her fields of lavender and clove, and from the forest’s deep, pales in comparison to what she farms in the caverns below.

A hidden chamber beneath her quaint little cottage leads beneath the graveyard. There she harvests the bodies. Too rotted and bones, she turns to skeletons. Flesh on bones, become zombies.

Hmmm, maybe I should have called it Finnabairs Decaying Flesh Farm.
    Last edited by Kier; 11-21-2017 at 08:57 PM.

Ah such a nice Christmas theme... Sounds interesting.
    Welcome to the challenge.

Guild Artisan

Finally getting a base down I am somewhat happy with. Going for a top down map on the top half. Title, and possibly side view of the cottage in the middle. Bottom section will be map of the tunnels beneath the graveyard.

### Latest WIP ###
    FarmMap01a.jpg

I like the colours

Guild Artisan

A constant struggle, but we are getting there - I think.

Worked on the border and added the start of the caves beneath the graveyard, where she harvests the bodies to raise her zombies and skeletons, who then in return harvest the more rare/dangerous ingredients for her foul alchemy.

### Latest WIP ###
    FarmMap05.jpg

Guild Artisan

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    I like the colours
    Thanks, Mouse. One of your paper textures is buried somewhere in my background,

The map is starting to shape up nice with a great backstory, and it is such a fun idea.

Zombie Farm.jpg

This is looking good. I like the forest style.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Guild Artisan

Going to be close, but I think I will get it done by tomorrow night. Not 100% on the fields and stone walls, but like where it is headed. Still have some work to do on them. Also need to do a little work on the cavern map below, then label the 5 key areas, and somehow get a legend type thingy in there, possibly a compass, although not really hung up on that.

### Latest WIP ###
    FarmMap07.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast