Thread: Hunters Fall (November 2017 Challenge Map)

Guild Expert Facebook Connected XCali's Avatar

Map Hunters Fall (November 2017 Challenge Map)

Hi!

I'm back from holidays and pondered if I should post this challenge map in Finished Maps. But, I felt I would like more time with it and definitely would appreciate more feedback on this one before I stamp the label FINISHED on it.

This is still a map from the World I'm building for my Novel Series. Though the first book is out, this map would only touch one of the stories from the second book.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Many years ago in the mountains to the south on Sambria, a massive rockslide revealed an entrance into the strange yet beautiful Blue Rock Spires.

At first, it was thought to be just a crack in the hard rock. But explorers, equipped with enough supplies ventured into the cave. After a day found three massive sets of doors. Two smaller in size relative to the gigantic middle door. This was a great find for them, and though the doors didn't budge under any of their initial attempts to open them, the explorers did feel a sense of triumph to find something that had been lost in time. And so, they left the cave and set up their camp under the few Morning Trees that stood like sentries facing the cave.

In time a small outpost formed close to the Morning Trees, and a well was dug. With it, the seeds of a small settlement were planted that would become Fort Mire.

But even as the smaller outer doors were finally opened, revealing rooms and rooms full of weapons, nobody could have guessed what was behind the biggest of the doors.

Some argued that it should not be opened.

They were right.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This version of the map was my final post before the Challenge ended.
    Hunters_Fall_byOmri.jpeg

Now the question is, what do you think I should work on first. Or add or change?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by XCali; 01-02-2018 at 04:22 AM.

~ Maps-DriveThruRPG ~Free Maps and Assets ~Current Project~

My web novels
    Instagram handle: instagram.com/omrihope
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~The heavens declare the glory of God;
    the skies proclaim the work of His hands.
    Day after day they pour forth speech;
    night after night they reveal knowledge.
    ~ Psalm 19

Guild Expert Facebook Connected XCali's Avatar

Help Mountain Watchtower

hi!

I added a watchtower to the mountain. I felt it necessary. And also, I blended the buildings into the terrain a bit better with shading around their foundations.

I know this map is practically finished. But, I do wish for some nitpicking. I want this map to be even better when I finally stamp the Finished on it. So, any feedback is more than welcome.

### Latest WIP ###
    Hunters Fall_Mountain tower_byOmri.jpeg

~ Maps-DriveThruRPG ~Free Maps and Assets ~Current Project~

My web novels
    Instagram handle: instagram.com/omrihope
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~The heavens declare the glory of God;
    the skies proclaim the work of His hands.
    Day after day they pour forth speech;
    night after night they reveal knowledge.
    ~ Psalm 19