Thread: Wandering Around

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Post Wandering Around

As a newbie I can’t help but feel overwhelmed by all the information on this site. Even the FAQ left me befuddled. I’m not posting this to complain because I’m intrigued with mapmaking and am excited to explore and am willing to spend the time here figuring out how to navigate the site. I did find the Quickstart Guide to Fantasy Mapping—and came across this early on, but then when I went back to look for it a second time, it took me about 15 minutes bouncing around to find it again. There are just so many links. Having done some web development, one thing I’ve always struggled getting clients to focus on was some sort of hierarchy: in the Cartography Guild every path/link is equal. I can only hope that if I get lost that someone will come looking for me.

Is there a guide for people like me? The “groups” look interesting, and it seems that if I can make it through 5 posts (this would be #3 if it’s accepted), that might be my salvation. Looking forward to learning more. No more rants—at least not today.
    Last edited by Chris Solem; 01-02-2018 at 11:42 PM. Reason: color

LOL! Poor Chris. You do have my sympathy. The Guild is a big place. There's even a forum specially for people to introduce themselves, but we will forgive you for not being able to find it.

When you get used to it you will find that it all follows quite a sensible logic

Anyway, welcome to the Guild, and I hope you enjoy your stay

If you just can't find something, holler!