Thread: Heimfold - Lestosk (Commission for Runes, the Tabletop RPG)

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Caenwyr's Avatar

Default Heimfold - Lestosk (Commission for Runes, the Tabletop RPG)

Hey all!

So you might have noticed already I'm in the process of posting my maps for Runes, the Tabletop RPG:
    1. the first one was the Heimfold world map,
    2. the second zoomed in on the Essence Isles in the north, and
    3. the third one took a closer look at Vaysha Rift, the foresty peninsula in the west.

This fourth map will focus on the country in the central north of the mainland, Lestosk: a long strip of desert surrounded by hills and mountains on three sides. I spent a ridiculous amount of work on the dunes, but in the end I'm pretty pleased with how they turned out, so... time well spent! Or at least so I hope.

But first, let's get started at the start, shall we? This is as usual the coastline and the drafted mountains:
    Lestosk_1.jpg

Next I replaced the drafts with actual mountains and hills (and rivers!):
    Lestosk_2.jpg

Which I then complemented with forests, dunes and a nice little rift system in the east:
    Lestosk_3.jpg

And that's it for the linework people! What do you think?
    Caenwyr Cartography

Check out my portfolio!

Nothing particular to say about this map. I'm not an expert on it as I tend to gravitate different topics. But... I've got something to say to you, which follows :

You and Daniel (Hasenbos) are amazing products of this extraordinary little internet guild. From tentative goofing around to productive, professional (even if part-time) artists, with personal styles and sufficient humility to create WIP's, share ideas and ask for advice. That, Dear Caenwyr, is Impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie View Post
    Nothing particular to say about this map. I'm not an expert on it as I tend to gravitate different topics. But... I've got something to say to you, which follows :

You and Daniel (Hasenbos) are amazing products of this extraordinary little internet guild. From tentative goofing around to productive, professional (even if part-time) artists, with personal styles and sufficient humility to create WIP's, share ideas and ask for advice. That, Dear Caenwyr, is Impressive.
    Geez Pixie, I don't no what to say! Except: thank you. Very much. I really appreciate you saying that, and if anything I feel humbled. Also, to be compared to the great D. Hasenbos is a serious compliment!
    Caenwyr Cartography

Check out my portfolio!

That being said (and I'm still blushing a bit ), here's the next iteration of the Lestosk map, people! Colouring and shading.

Lestosk_4.jpg

I tried to render the dunes as creamy as possible (literaly like a pot of cream that was just stirred). Up to you guys to say whether I succeeded
    Last edited by Caenwyr; 01-11-2018 at 04:33 AM.
    Caenwyr Cartography

Check out my portfolio!

Okay people, I'm gonna go and continue this one all the way to the finish. Next up are labelling and finally the mapping ornaments!

Lestosk_6.jpg

And with that, dear friends, I call this map finished
    Caenwyr Cartography

Check out my portfolio!