Thread: Starting all over again... again...

Post Starting all over again... again...

For anyone that may have noticed my sudden disappearance... again...

Short version - my two year old laptop was fried when my uptight cat knocked a glass over and spilled soda on my laptop. Astonishing it still runs... but the transistors that connect laptop to screen are fried, meaning all I get is a black screen with faint low light bands running up and down it. Basically, it doesn't realize it's dead.

it took some financial two stepping, but I was finally able to afford a new laptop, which I received yesterday. Yay!

Now I have to go through the process of setting up my new laptop, which means re downloading, and re installing EVERYTHING. Boo

Thankfully, all or most (won't know for sure until I can get files retrieved from the old laptop) of my maps, and maps in progress, are on my external hard drive, so I haven't lost anything there... but going back and setting up cc3+, and all add ons, will take me a bit.

J.Edward, if you see this, I am still planning on finishing my community project... just give me a couple of weeks to get everything back up to speed on this new laptop. I still have it, it's just going to take some time to set everything else back up. And I can't even open the file until I get cc3+ installed. I'm in the process of downloading the newest versions as we speak... then I have to re install the CSUAC, Bogie's stuff, Vintyri's stuff, and everything else that I've accumulated.

Anyway... hopefully, I will be back up and running with everything on this new laptop in a week or two.
    Like a thief in the night
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

check out my new Deviant Art page!
    https://www.deviantart.com/ladiestorm

Oh that's a bummer. But I totally get the uptight pets thing. In my case its about 100 pounds of floppy ears, floppy paws, and an aggressively wagging tail. Great for warding off potential intruders but not so great for anything breakable within range of that tail.
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Oh, I Have one of those too! Luckily for me, she is about 8 years old, and is MUCH more layed back. And she is too big to get up on the dining room table! Which is where I usually work from when I'm on my laptop.
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

Welcome back, again.... er... again

We missed you, Storm

Keep that darn cat out of the room when you're working!

The very thought of such a monster prowling around me as I work is enough to give me the shivers!!!

Oh, my furry buddy is a lamb. He sounds mean as all get out, but the only way he would hurt anybody is by being to friendly and maybe drowning them in slobber. Haha!
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

A perfect new dawn arises over the cartographic world this Easter weekend. Welcome back! Many of us have been waiting eagerly for this resurrection.
    Mark Oliva
    The Vintyri (TM) Project

Welcome back! Hopefully, you have still your files .

Thanks to Mark, and his gift of a couple of terabyte external hard drives, all of my maps, WIP maps, and about 90% of my other files are intact. I also have a tech that can retrieve those files that are not currently on my externals, he's very reasonable, and best yet, he makes house calls... so I won't even be without my new laptop while he pulls and moves the data from my old one.

I've even managed to re install ALMOST all of the programs I had on my old laptop onto this one - including all previously owned profantasy products. The only thing I have left is the third party add ons for cc3+. But that's going to take a while, because there is a specific way to do it, and I haven't done it enough times to remember off the top of my head how to do it... especially since I don't have to re download all of the files. I have all of the backups on my externals. Mark has walked through it with me a couple of times... and I have the instructions in emails. Right now, I'm going back through those emails to find the instructions to do it the right way. That's what's taking so long... I'm just glad I saved all those emails in case I ever needed them again!

Mark, if I can't find the right emails... I may need your help... again... sorry!
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...