Thread: Yodrides - My first World Map

Guild Apprentice

Default Yodrides - My first World Map

Hello to all.
    I show you my first atlas map style of a planet similar to the Earth called Yodrides. Soon a version with a label. Made entirely with Photoshop.
    I would be happy to know what you think.

See you soon.

Yodrides

Yodrides.jpg

Guild Member Facebook Connected Ottehcnor's Avatar

I like the look of this. The shapes are very believable, and you have a good coastal shelf to match them without being to artificial.

Now this is just nit-picking, but to me some of the rivers seem to be a little too straight in their overall direction. Once I zoom in they are clearly more squiggly, but at a distant, they seem to be moving in too straight of a line. I especially noticed in the southwestern continent and northwestern continent coming off the lake. Perhaps it's intentional - and I don't think there's anything technically wrong with them - but it felt a little artificial to me.

Overall, a great map! I look forward to seeing one with the labels.

Guild Apprentice

Thanks for your comment. In fact, your observation is correct, some rivers follow a too straight path. I then modified some rivers, and I made other small variations in tonality.
    I have also started to add labels, in Italian and an invented language that I assume is spoken in Yodidres. There are no labels of the ocean and the ice, and I have to finish the labels of the landmass
    Here is the updated map.
    See you soon.

Yodrides_label.jpg.