View Poll Results: Apr/May '18 Lite Challenge "Create a Bookcover" Vote as you wish.

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Lost Island of Queensryche by aeshnidae

19 70.37%
  • Bad Sun Island by Arkidemis

4 14.81%
  • Kingdom of Musicäa by fol2dol

14 51.85%
  • My First Imaginary Map by Incredible HLK

0 0%
  • Holy Land by NazatoGameDev

1 3.70%
  • Tides of War: New Wave by NoneTheWiser

12 44.44%
  • Faithless by QED42

2 7.41%
  • Escape from Alphaville by ScottDA

9 33.33%
  • The Jam by Weery

16 59.26%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: April / May 2018 Lite Challenge: "Create a Bookcover!" TIME TO VOTE

Default April / May 2018 Lite Challenge: "Create a Bookcover!" TIME TO VOTE

April / May 2018 Lite Challenge: "Create a Bookcover!" TIME TO VOTE

For this challenge you were given the creative opportunity to combine the ideas I had with an idea suggested by Straf. I asked you to create a Bookcover. I wanted it to show a map using the shape I included. And now for Straf's idea: All the names on the map AND every name shown on the bookcover have to be names of famous musicians or music bands.

We have 9 great entries for you to vote on. We also had a great non-voting entry from ChickPea. She is only eligible for the regular challenges, but really wanted to get in on the fun.
    Check out the Thumbnails of all these entries, but don't forget to click on each one so you can see them at full size.
    CLICK HERE for Challenge Thumbnails & Large maps

Be Sure to Check The Full Size Maps, don't just look at the thumbnails.

We have 9 entries and you can vote for as many or as few as you like.
    With so many great maps voting is going to be very hard once again. Fantastic work everyone, I am no longer surprised that the quality of your maps rivals any on this forum!!!

The voting will last for 3 days and the winner will receive a shiny silver compass, and our Eternal Praise!

Regardless of who you vote for, please don't forget to REP everyone you feel deserves it.

I vote for 4 !
    Congratulations to all cartographers/designers.
    -- Maps and Watercolor --

In french :
    Mon tipeee : come and support my work
    https://mondelys.wordpress.com/ : Here I write and I draw the Encyclopedia of Lys
    https://manaearth.wordpress.com/ : Discover the table rpg Mana Earth

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

I wasn’t inspired at all by the theme and I’m amazed by your talent and imagination ! You all came with great ideas and lots of them made me laugh ! Congratulations to all participants, it was a tough one !

Edit : since I can’t add a post to ChickPea’s entry :
    Special congratulations to you, CP ! Your book cover is fantastic ! And really consistent with the theme you choose ! I would have voted for you
    Last edited by - JO -; 05-15-2018 at 04:48 AM.

Lots of very inventive entries this month!

I voted for 4 entries, really great work all

Awesome work cartographers, not a bad entry amongst them. Alas, as is my wont, I voted for three only otherwise what's the point? And it seems they are the favourites...

For future is there some way which we can vote using a weighted method; i.e. giving each map we wish to vote for a score of between 1 & 3, rather than just a vote?
    Glory is the reward of valour.

My blog at: damonjynx.blogspot.com.au

Finished Maps

Quote Originally Posted by damonjynx View Post
    For future is there some way which we can vote using a weighted method; i.e. giving each map we wish to vote for a score of between 1 & 3, rather than just a vote?
    It will require someone with a higher pay grade than me to give a definite answer, but we use the website's Polling system to do the voting and it does not appear to have that functionality.

Still trying to find my rythm for voting : this time voted only for my favorite ('cause I love the color and general feeling of Aeshnidae's map) + an outsider ('cause I loved this 'Gameboy' design and how consistent it is ^^).
    Anyway, congrats to everyone, and mostly ChickPea : so sad I can't vote for your map !!

It's neck and neck! If you haven't voted yet... get on it!

Also, thanks Jo and Missy for your comments on my map. That's very kind of you.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Well, it's still neck and neck, but it doesn't look like three's going to be a draw any more.

I voted earlier and slipped away quietly. I found it really difficult not voting for all of them!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast