Thread: Quest for the Gem of Victory (was Oct 2017 Challenge map, finally getting finished)

Wip Quest for the Gem of Victory (was Oct 2017 Challenge map, finally getting finished)

Back last October the challenge was:
    "a list of 30 words. Pick AT LEAST five (5) of those words, and draw a map depicting an epic quest that revolves around those words. The style, subject matter (as long as it somehow includes those five words), and setting is completely up to you.

The words:

dragon
    gun
    sword
    star
    cave
    road
    tavern
    hidden
    dark
    legendary
    gem
    midnight
    alone
    empire
    piercing
    temple
    axis
    house
    wandering
    port
    master/mistress
    knowledge
    silver
    peacock
    freezing
    gold
    eye
    fortress
    child
    victory"

I decided to work with the entire list and came up with a bunch of pictures to insert into the map as visual details, but did almost none of the underlying map by the time the challenge ran out. I have just today found the time to put some work into actually finishing this map. It isn't great, but I feel that it now at least appears complete, though I am posting as WIP in case somebody has some suggestion to tweak it. I don't think I'll put much more effort in, since the part that I was really focused on was done already, but maybe there's something small that could be done. At any rate, I can take this off of my massive list of projects begun and never finished and may take up a current challenge again.
    Attached Images Attached Images