Thread: Kefalonia

Default Kefalonia

The island of Kefalonia, for my roll20 Mazes & Minotaurs game. It isn't quite complete, as there are some features of the island not immediately obvious from a distance that I will need to add as they are discovered, but will belong on the final version for the print version of the adventure. I'm also now pondering making it black and white, as it would be easier to add contour lines, I think. There are some old-school maps I could use for style inspiration if I did that. On the other hand, I may stick with just adding a few touches to pretty this up a bit.

Anyway, this was whipped together fairly quickly. I found that I had either forgotten how to move things in GIMP or the Move tool had changed in an update since I was last doing much in GIMP. In either case, it was frustratingly unintuitive, and a reminder that I really need to make time to go through some tutorials.

What I could use is a nice hex-grid for GIMP. Anybody know of a good one?
    Attached Images Attached Images

RobA wrote a hex grid script https://www.cartographersguild.com/s...ead.php?t=5338

I don't know if it still works in the newest version of GIMP. (I'm still using 2.8 )

Quote Originally Posted by bkh1914 View Post
    RobA wrote a hex grid script https://www.cartographersguild.com/s...ead.php?t=5338

I don't know if it still works in the newest version of GIMP. (I'm still using 2.8 )
    Thank you for the link. I thought I remembered something along those lines having been posted. It appears to work in 2.8.14. (Also, thanks to RobA for writing the script to begin with.)

Map

I think this is the finished version. Sadly, the adventure ended in a TPK in the climactic battle. This was largely due to the luck of (virtual) dice, and made all too possible by the tiny number of players (more die-rolling means more tending to averages, less die-rolling means atypical results are more likely). They did succeed in driving away the foreign influence and killed pretty much all but the leader.
    Attached Images Attached Images