Thread: An update, for thy consideration.

Wip An update, for thy consideration.

Well, this is essentially a WIP, but I thought I'd put up my progress here, especially since I'd like some criticism/feedback on it. Quite a bit of it has been inked in, with Ireland remaining to be penned. I usually use stippling to denote gradient, which... Yes, is a pretty time consuming process, albeit an enjoyable one. Wales and the southern part of England has been stippled, with the darker regions being of lower elevation. I'm not sure what kind of design I should go with for the border either, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. (I apologize for the poor image quality and photography skills).

IMG_20181020_050810_444.jpg

On a separate note, does anyone have any idea how to add pictures to an album here, using a phone? Because I can't, for the life of me, figure it out. Ah well, happy critiquing.

Looks really awesome all the details are very neat but it's a bit weird without the gradient between Scotland and England, Scotland is a bit too bright compared to the surrounding areas. Sorry I can't help you with the albums, as a new member I really have no idea of how you could do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jean-Abdel View Post
    Looks really awesome all the details are very neat but it's a bit weird without the gradient between Scotland and England, Scotland is a bit too bright compared to the surrounding areas. Sorry I can't help you with the albums, as a new member I really have no idea of how you could do this.
    Thank you for the compliment. Yeah, I know the regions without the stippling look weird. I'll get around to it, it is a work in progress after all.

I actually managed to figure out how to upload pictures from my phone. Welcome to the guild, I'm excited to see your work too.

U.G.E,
    Looks very good. I really like your style.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Beautiful! Bonus points for actual calligraphy

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Jake View Post
    U.G.E,
    Looks very good. I really like your style.
    Much appreciated, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gidde View Post
    Beautiful! Bonus points for actual calligraphy
    It's not particularly well done calligraphy. I'll do something more complex, next time.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Eh, we are always our own worst critics. I think the calligraphy looks nice, and that's one of the things I always look for. If it's *too* ornate, it can take away from the map.