Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: And yet another return...sort of...

Default And yet another return...sort of...

The holidays are over, which means my busiest crafting season is over, and it's time for me to, once again, return to mapping.

Some may have noticed that my return is a little late this year, I'm sorry for that. Unfortunately, I'm also not completely back. Those of you who are on facebook, and those of you cc3+ users may have seen the post I made not quite a month ago about my having to go to the hospital for minor emergency surgery.

So no one worries, let me first say, what I had to deal with was NOT life threatening, at least, not at this stage. It wasn't cancer, or heart issues, or anything like that. It was also not one of your typical minor surgeries. I won't go into any details, I don't want to embarrass anyone (including myself!), I will just say that full recovery is going to take an overly long period of time, and it has made sitting at a computer (or any where else) for any amount of time excruciating up until about a week ago. Now it's merely painful. I'm working through it, but it's going to take time.

So you will see me here, in small doses. I may even be able to do a little bit of mapping, here and there, as I heal. For now, I'll just have to see how it goes.
    Like a thief in the night
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

check out my new Deviant Art page!
    https://www.deviantart.com/ladiestorm

I've been wondering where you have disappeared to!

I'm sorry to hear about your health issues. I really wish you a swift recovery and just better luck from here on out. I'm glad to see you back, even if it's not a full return yet. Hang in there, I wish you all the best! Hopefully we'll be seeing you around
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

thanks, Kell . The worst part about this whole mess, is that I'm not sick. I'm not dizzy, or weak, not nauseated, or any of those things. Sure, there is pain, up until recently, a lot of it... but only when I do certain things. The problem is, those certain things are sitting, standing, walking, and a few I won't mention here, lol! All I can say, is that area affected is highly sensitive, and I never realized how much it's affected by doing normal, everyday things! It's frustrating.
    Like a thief in the night
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

check out my new Deviant Art page!
    https://www.deviantart.com/ladiestorm

Welcome back yet again I do hope you recover quickly and be as good as new.
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Quote Originally Posted by ladiestorm View Post
    thanks, Kell . The worst part about this whole mess, is that I'm not sick. I'm not dizzy, or weak, not nauseated, or any of those things. Sure, there is pain, up until recently, a lot of it... but only when I do certain things. The problem is, those certain things are sitting, standing, walking, and a few I won't mention here, lol! All I can say, is that area affected is highly sensitive, and I never realized how much it's affected by doing normal, everyday things! It's frustrating.
    Ugh, gotcha... That's a whole new level of nasty. I hope it'll get easier soon.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Glad to read that you're on your way to be OK ! I understand it's back related, and, as I had back surgery on year ago, I feel your pain ! But I'm sure you'll be fine, even if it takes a long time... It's just a matter to learn to be patient ! I send you a lot of good vibes !!!

Glad to see you're back aboard, Ladiestorm ! I know how mechanical pain is disturbing : you do feel like if you can do anything, and it's so frustrating to suddenly recall you can't when you start moving... but it's also amazing to know it's just a matter of time until everything go back to normal. Hope it will be fast !

Welcome back, Ladiestorm. I hope you'll recover quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by ladiestorm View Post
    So you will see me here, in small doses. I may even be able to do a little bit of mapping, here and there, as I heal. For now, I'll just have to see how it goes.
    Glad to see you back Storm! As often as you can manage.

There is an old saying (Invented I think by Reader's Digest) "Laughter is the Best Medicine" well for some of us "Mapping is the Best Medicine".
    I wish you a speedy recovery!

Wow!

Good to see you back again! Sorry of course that the return is so painful!

I've been pondering for a long time whether I should send you an E-Mail asking:

1) Whether you up and died on us and forgot to tell us about it.

2) Whether you got tired of cartography and took up car racing instead.

3) Whether you ran off with a mid-Asian carpet salesman.

4) Or somethin' else like that.

I'm delighted to see that none of the above is true.

Whatever ... I'll take my daily look at what's new here at the guild with considerably more enthusiasm again.

Looking forward to seeing more of your wonderful maps. But please don't do too much too fast. The best news that you can pass on is that you're staying healthy.

As the late Woody Guthrie once said:

Take it easy, but take it!
    Mark Oliva
    The Vintyri (TM) Project

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast