Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feb '19 / March '19 Lite Challenge: Fairy Tale Map

Default Feb '19 / March '19 Lite Challenge: Fairy Tale Map

Feb '19 / March '19 Lite Challenge: Fairy Tale Map

The Challenge will run from February 18th until end of day March 14th

This month's Challenge is to create a map that depicts a place or a scene from a Fairy Tale. Lots of them to pick from. Will you choose a beloved well known one like Beauty and the Beast, or a less known Norse tale?

Win a silver compass, your friends will want to borrow it!

The Challenge will run until the end of the day on the 14th of March, (Midnight eastern daylight time between the 14th and 15th, more or less, depending on when I can get to the computer to start the voting) and then there will be 3 days of voting. Someone is going to win a Silver Compass, it could be yours!

As usual, title your threads: "Feb '19 / March '19 Lite Challenge: << your title here >> "

Don't forget to put the hashtag: ### Latest WIP ### in front of all WIP pictures, and especially in front of your final map. And don't forget, there is a WIP button that automatically posts this for you. Try it, You'll like it!

And remember, if you put more than one image on the same post, only one of them gets picked up.

Quick rules reminder: The Lite Challenge is open to anyone who has not already won 3 Silver compasses, 1 Gold Compass, or been selected as a featured Cartographer's Choice Map.
    Also, the map has to be started on or after the first day of the challenge, no reusing older maps even if they were not finished.
    Come on now, you know you want to do this!!

Oh, this sound interesting! This will be my first challenge here, very excited! As there is no definition of fairy tale given I hope a very strict interpretation is not needed. The one I'm thinking of might be more of a folktale and does not have a happy ending, hope that's ok. I tried looking up some definition of fairy tale but there doesn't really seem to be a clear one.

DAMNIT BOGIE! Why now? Why come up with such an awesome Lite challenge now when my calendar is this full!?

I MUST do this. I'm too much of a folklore nerd to pass this one up. Even if it means sacrificing sleep.
    Last edited by Kellerica; 02-19-2019 at 04:53 AM.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Now that's a great challenge! Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to enter this one, but I can't wait to see what amazing maps people create for it.

Auch, I like this one.
    I'm afraid I won't be able to finish the main challenge if my hand doesn't recover a little.

But i'll keep an open door. i'm just slapping my face, this challenge sounds so cool!

Quote Originally Posted by AtTheShoreline View Post
    Oh, this sound interesting! This will be my first challenge here, very excited! As there is no definition of fairy tale given I hope a very strict interpretation is not needed. The one I'm thinking of might be more of a folktale and does not have a happy ending, hope that's ok. I tried looking up some definition of fairy tale but there doesn't really seem to be a clear one.
    Very loose interpretation, Fairy tale, folklore, scary story, as long as it is some imaginary story that has been around a long time. If it is not well known it would be a good idea to include it in your post or at least a link to the story. We have done this topic before and a couple entries that were very obscure didn't get as much attention as they deserved because no one could relate the map to the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    DAMNIT BOGIE! Why now? Why come up with such an awesome Lite challenge now when my calendar is this full!?

I MUST do this. I'm too much of a folklore nerd to pass this one up. Even if it means sacrificing sleep.
    Because I sit around waiting until you are so overwhelmed you can't possibly do one more thing and then I hit you with a challenge you can't possibly refuse. I love it when a plan comes together. Bwahha Ha, that is my evil power!

Blog Entries

protocol: find_fairytale, START!!

This will be a tough one, I have a million ideas, but zero drawing skills.

Enviado de meu ASUS_Z00AD usando o Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda91 View Post
    This will be a tough one, I have a million ideas, but zero drawing skills.

Enviado de meu ASUS_Z00AD usando o Tapatalk
    You and me both, I think of something and I'm like, there's no way I can get that to paper. I have a couple ideas I may be able to do with my skill set, we will see.
    The last challenge was just a perfect match for my mapping style/skills.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast