Thread: Hello!!

Default Hello!!

Hi everyone,

I love maps since I was little . I discovered your work on reddit ( damn how did I do to take so much time ?)
    I'm a landscape worker, I ofently work on Autocad and recently I just started to make fantasy maps on it. I also drawed few.
    But... I'm very bad at drawing, and not use to make maps by myself.. So i will train and try other soft etc...

Also, I'm french , so please excuse my English i'm trying my best!

( do not hesitate to correct me btw)

I'm very happy to be here!

It sounds like your previous work will offer a good start to making maps! First getting the hang of digital mapping can be a challenge, but there are a lot of helpful tips and tutorials to be found here to help you get started. Check out the Tutorials/How-to section if you haven't already. The great thing about digital mapping is you don't really have to be awesome at drawing to make some pretty great maps.

Oh, and don't worry about the language thing - there is a huge chunk of us here who speak English as a second language, myself included. As long as we can make ourselves understood, it's all good

Welcome to the Guild!
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Caenwyr's Avatar

Welcome to the Guild! You'll find this community to be ridiculously helpful, and very fun on top of that! When I first arrived here, I was baffled by how friendly everyone was, as opposed to almost any other online forum on the interwebz. So welcome, and enjoy the ride!

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    Oh, and don't worry about the language thing - there is a huge chunk of us here who speak English as a second language, myself included. As long as we can make ourselves understood, it's all good
    Exactly! Oh, and there's plenty of people with at least a working knowledge of French, so if you find yourself struggling for words, we can probably help you out too.
    Caenwyr Cartography

Check out my portfolio!