Thread: April/May '19 Lite Challenge: Lair of the Obstinate Demonologist

Guild Artisan Guild Supporter Tenia's Avatar

Default April/May '19 Lite Challenge: Lair of the Obstinate Demonologist

Hi all,
    I bought Dungeon Painter Studio when it was released on Steam, mainly to support the devs, and I hadn't really used it since then. I went back to the site recently and discovered that a lot of modules were available, so I used some of them to quickly make a dungeon that suits the Challenge theme :
    I tried to make a dungeon in which the secret part cannot be guessed by studying the map.
    After crossing an uninviting hall, you (the adventurers) will find your way into the rooms and living quarters of the demonologist's guards and victim hunters.
    A long and boring corridor then awaits you, before arriving in the quite pretty apartment of the demonologist.
    A first secret door opens onto a fake treasure room (most of the coins are made of copper, estimated value: 2GP)
    A second very secret opening (ah, by the way, you did the right thing by hiring a thief or magician with the right spells, if not too bad for you) leads to the real hidden part of the dungeon: A very, very long corridor full of traps and various undead and, just as you start to get really tired of it and curse the game master, the real treasure room opens up to you... with a little surprise.

### Latest WIP ###
    lair_of_the_obstinate_demonologist.jpg

Note that I didn't draw anything on this map : All, including the title, was made with Dungeon Painter Studio and mainly Forgottenadventure Mods (https://www.patreon.com/forgottenadventures) They should get the credit for that.

Have a nice day (or night, depending on where you are)
    Last edited by Tenia; 05-11-2019 at 10:24 AM.

Very cool! Great layout. It is practically a maze within a dungeon.
    Welcome to the challenge, thanks for joining.

It does look really cool! If a bit confusing, but perhaps it's supposed to be. I like it
    Like a thief in the night
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

check out my new Deviant Art page!
    https://www.deviantart.com/ladiestorm

She is one dedicated demonologist to have the summoning circle in her bedroom....Oh wait,,,,never mind