Thread: Not a robot - hello

Post Not a robot - hello

Hello, I am posting the obligatory greeting thread. I'm interested in mapmaking to support my writing, and specifically came here due to reccomendations from pro fantasy website. Seems really cool to have a community of cartographers, to me it's a means to an end but it's fascinating that even today people make such an art of it.

Quote Originally Posted by pseudanonymous View Post
    it's fascinating that even today people make such an art of it.
    Fun fact about me that I'm sure I've never shared on this board before. I remember some past lives, and one of them is a medieval scribe and he DEFINITELY feeds into my passion for it today. I do feel a bit like I'm part of a tradition keeping an ancient art form alive in a digital and contemporary world, in a synergistic fashion where the old art of calligraphy and map making meets the computer age. There's no need to do it for real navigation so of course I do it for fantasy fiction now instead. And I love world builders and world building and all the creative potential. So on we go.

Welcome.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

It's your birthday and someone gives you a calfskin wallet. How do you react?
    My new Deviant-thing. I finally caved.

Quote Originally Posted by Larb View Post
    I feel like this is a thread hijack And I want to answer the question anyway: Say thanks, you are a freak for eating veal because that's just messed up on a certain level...it's not totally evil and I'm not saying i wouldn't ever eat it but man...it is kinda harsh. A wallet is the perfect sort of gift for me cuz I'm not buyin it for myself. I figure it's better to have 10 bucks in my pocket than to have an empty wallet.

Wait, was that question for me? LOL

Welcome aboard.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Sweet! A new wallet? That's so thoughtful of you! Thanks! Leather products generally last for a long time so I probably won't need to get another wallet for decades now! (Your intelligence check results: you did not find a vegan)

I have no idea if that was meant for me or OP but... HEYOOOOOO.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Like I said, I'm not a robot, I have skin.