Thread: Mapper for roleplaying

Guild Apprentice

Default Mapper for roleplaying

Hello dear Community !
    I'm a long time role-player (damn, already 25 years!), and since a few years i've bee creating content!
    I'm a begginer in map creation, but my first big map creation project just started. I'm creating a new roleplaying universe on a Blog Dangerously Rare Elixir And Decoctions ([D.R.E.A.D.]) and I've come to the point where I need a map. Not only for the readers, but also for me, to organise my Ideas.

The world is a mixture of "roman humans" whose world has been destroyed by a great evil (Devils) and have fled their plane. They broke up a part of their plane and attached it to another plane. On that plane lives a mix of "viking elves", "grumpy dwarves" (that need better definition, obviously), Giants descending from the Jötnar (pl. of Jötunn, the Titans/Giants from nordic Mythologiy) and a bunch of Elemental creatures, to which the dragons probably are the scariest.

The land that was raptured and reattached to the other plane was some falling down roman empire... The capital could not be saved, because of political strife, so the ritual to save a part of humanity was done on a "Venice" kind of town, very rich and influent. So the part of the world that was cut-pasted needs to include a lagoon.
    And that Lagoon is the first thing i've created...

To my person:
    I'm 38, french by birth and living in Germany since 1999. I'm a studied translator (FR-EN-DE), which is the reason why I write my blog in English: training, training and a bigger audience...
    I'm a teenage friend of the extremely talented Ilanthar, so I do have a few complexes concerning my ablities as an artist and a mapper. More of a word man...
    But my Lagoon looks all right, so i decided to share with you

Welcome at the guild my friend!

If your half as prolific in mapmaking than you are for writing, you're gonna be talented soon. And it's gonna be good to have your creativity here .
    Et un français balaise en anglais, cela fait toujours plaisir

Guild Apprentice

If I had the time I probably would try to create more maps... But the time for writing is scare already 😓

Any friend of Ilanthar's is more than welcome here I'm really looking forward to seeing what kind of things you'll be creating. Nice to have you along, welcome to the Guild from me as well!
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Welcome to the guild, it looks like you have a pretty interesting project going. I look forward to seeing you around and getting to know you more ��

- Josh