Thread: Good Evening

Guild Novice

Post Good Evening

Hello!

Like most members, I am here because I thoroughly enjoy painting maps and world building for a little project in my free time. There is so many helpful tutorials and inspiration here!

Going to post my maps here so I can see my improvement as I have went along, and hopefully someone browsing might get something out of it :)

Cheers,

Tiachren

Welcome to the Guild Tiachren! What medium do you use to create your maps? Traditional, digital, or a combination of the two?

I look forward to seeing some of your work and am glad you could join us.

- Josh

Guild Novice

Hello Josh!

I have experimented with pencils, ink, and acrylics. I tend to do most of my maps digitally, or paint parts and finish the rest off in software like Krita or Gimp.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiachren View Post
    Hello Josh!

I have experimented with pencils, ink, and acrylics. I tend to do most of my maps digitally, or paint parts and finish the rest off in software like Krita or Gimp.
    Very cool, I have used GIMP some in the past and have heard really good things about Krita but haven’t tried it myself. These days I do most of my work on my IPad as I love the portability.

All the best!
    - Josh

Guild Journeyer Impractical Cartographer's Avatar

Welcome Tiachren!
    Drawing maps it's definitely one of the best ways to relax and spending free time