Thread: Ethos - Thaudinor Continent Region

Wip Ethos - Thaudinor Continent Region

img002.jpg

SO! As the new year has come and I am in the ideal mood to begin a new world. I decided on the first that I would spend a few days trying to learn "MAPPING" again, since it has been a LONG while since I have done any real mapping outside of Wonderdraft test maps. I decided to start on a real, long-term world building project and start it here where all my favoritest mapping folk are!

Ethos is a magical world, set in our real world Baroque Period. It is a hard world, where magic and gunpowder collide in a brutal mix of hellfire and warfare. It is also a time of exploration as new empires, recently reformed from the long and harsh religious wars of the past have developed and began pressing men and women on long sea journeys to take land in the name of their mage-kings and queens.

This was a drawing I finished on Day 3 (Jan. 3, 2020). And I have since used my computer to change it and am STILL working on it!

img002.png

This is its current state, utilizing my drawing techniques and reprinting it to redraw the parts I have changed. It is an exciting time, indeed! Though, one thing I do regret is not putting down tectonics to do mountains, but that will be an adventure in itself later on!

Though, I have since moved this to my computer, I am taking any advice on shores or scales or anything to help make this map really come together!
    Attached Images Attached Images

I love the bay! nice flow
    ⋄ ◊ ⤜--ℜ𝔢𝔫𝔣𝔩𝔬𝔴𝔢𝔯𝔊𝔯𝔞𝔭𝔵⟶ ◊ ⋄ Hey! Here is where to find me! ⟶ ◊ ⋄ ⥊ Instagram ⥋ ◊ ⥊ Patreon - Battle Maps ⥋ ⋄ ◊ Youtube - Speed Paintings

Quote Originally Posted by RenflowerGrapx View Post
    I love the bay! nice flow
    Thanks! I really like that bay too. It's one of the first things I started with when I started combining my old maps together.

Print V.01.png

Update! I am enjoying this new coastal design and having a good time drawing it.

Looks like it’s coming along! Glad to see you decided to come back to mapping. I really like the natural look of your coastlines

- Josh