Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Kingdom of Domari

Default The Kingdom of Domari

Hey, what's up everyone! It's been ages since I've been around the forums and it feels good to be back! I realized how long it has been and how many maps I have made since I shared my last one here. I'll start distributing them one by one as not to clutter the forums. The first one is actually a set of two maps: the Kingdom of Domari and the mines that run underneath it.

"The Kingdom of Domari is an old one. It is inhabited mostly by dwarves who build their homes in the mountains and on the highest peaks. With its isolated towns and cities, it does not have a renowned infrastructure, or at least not to the outside world. Some humans have settled in the border regions of the kingdom. They are part of the kingdom of Domari, but in effect don’t deal with the dwarven authority and are mostly autonomous communities.

On the highest peaks of the Domart mountains are the dwarves settlements. These cities consist of large stone structures that impress even the greatest builders in the world. It’s not often that people come to see and appreciate this craftsmanship though.

The dwarven cities are hidden away deep in the mountains and hard to reach. To paths that lead through the mountains are dangerous and, to most people, unknown.

It is rumored that between the dwarven cities is an extensive network of mines and tunnels that connect them to each other. These would allow for quick navigation around the kingdom, but can be dangerous if one does not know the way. Get lost, and you might never find the way out.

No one knows if this underground kingdom exists. But it does. The entrances to the Mines of Domari are hidden away, and only those that know where to look may find them. On top of that, most entrances are hidden away behind the dwarves cities above ground, guarded by the dwarves that live there. Getting into the mines uninvited is a difficult task.

Once you get into the mines, you’ll find a network of beautifully crafted halls. These are the main halls that most of the dwarves travel through and there’s an endless stream of traffic running through. In a perfectly straight line these they go on for miles, with no end in sight. The halls are lined with thousands of columns reaching for the ceiling, a 100 feet high above the ground. The ceiling itself is decorated with imagery that shows the history of these halls. From these main halls, smaller halls branch off, to underground homes, and cities.

These tunnels run under the entire Domart Mountains, carefully build, as not to compromise the integrity of the mountains.

An outsider has no business here, and anyone that doesn’t belong here will be arrested and executed."

Domari Free small.jpg

Mines of Domari Free small.jpg

As always, let me know what you think!

Glad to see you around again, and with fine maps to share too! Love the spiky trails and the colours in that underground one.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Thank you for these two beautiful maps... It's very interesting to see how you made them in two very different styles, between the surface and the underground part. As usual, your style is eye-catching, the choice of colours is impeccable: they are very vibrant. There's a very "clean" side, which I like very much. For the underground map, I particularly like the thumbnails that show the maps of the underground cities. All this brings a whole atmosphere, a mood, a story that links to these two maps, and it's very successful!
    In short : excellent ideas, perfectly implemented!

Edit : As I understand, I'll need lots of REP these next days ?

Lovely work as always! Great to see your stuff here!

Good to have you back, Daniel! I hope you'll find more time to be around the Guild again.

I always love to see your maps. In fact, this style of yours has become one of my favorite fantasy-map styles. It just clicks with me on so many levels. So I'm very much looking forward to your upcoming map-athon, so to speak
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Really nice work, Dan
    And also good to see you around the Guild.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

I like how you 'overlayed' the mine map over the other one. It looks great and is a fun way to do it. The color change between them also really works. Nice!
    I cant wait for the coming days as well!

I'm glad to see you back, Daniel, I was wondering where you were lost !
    Cool map for your come back. I always enjoy your underground maps and this one is really interesting. Good job, and welcome back ! ^^

I remember loving this one when it popped on instagram. The two versions are a nice touch.

A great idea, wonderfully done .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast