Thread: Hello!

Default Hello!

Hello everyone. I wanted to say thank you for sharing your wonderful work with the world. I am so glad I found this place. I am very new to drawing with a digital tablet and using the computer for art. I have loved drawing maps ever sense a young age and many moons have pasted. I am excited to learn from such wonderful artist, thank you!

Welcome. Look around, be inspired, share your work and inspire the community.

Welcome to the Guild! Most of my work these days is done with digital tools, but I remember the challenge of making the switch. The tools are much better these days though than they were a decade ago. What tools and program are you using?

All the best!
    - Josh

Hi other new user, I've recently started making a few maps as well, using my mouse and I am really wanting to get a drawing tablet now, I think it would make things a bit easier.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshStolarz View Post
    Welcome to the Guild! Most of my work these days is done with digital tools, but I remember the challenge of making the switch. The tools are much better these days though than they were a decade ago. What tools and program are you using?

All the best!
    - Josh
    Thanks Josh I am trying to learn Gimp. I have used wonderdraft and found it fun to get basic ideas but still working out my style on pen and paper. I just found out about Krita so might try my hand at learning their software.

Thanks everyone trying to learn GIMP and I have used wonderdraft. I am still a pen and paper kinda guy trying to learn my style. I heard about Krita so wondering if it good for maps. There is so much wonderful information here and being old and computer challenged I am still figuring out the system for this site.