Thread: Map Update

Post Map Update

(Update: this has been filled.)

Hello,

I have a map project that I'm looking for someone to take over. Way back in 2008 I had a commission done here by Redrobes and after talking with him he does not feel he is able to take up the project again.

I'll jump right into it. Here's the map as it stands with some annotations:

map ideas.png

1: I want to expand the central desert east and define the mountain range, and then make the primary river that comes out of that range meander a bit more in the desert.

2: I'd like to make this a bit bigger. In my mind this is a volcanic plateau. A small tectonic plate growing ever smaller as the plates around converge under it. The region would be the source of fertile silt for the desert region via the river.

3: I want to expand this river valley. Maybe push the river farther east with a roughly similar starting point.

4: A string of barrier islands through this area.

5: A second continent that starts down here and occupies a large area east of this continent.

1-3 will likely change the overall shape of this and I'm ok with that. In all honesty I wouldn't mind adding about 1000 more miles in width to the continent. (Scale I use is that the latitude squares are ~1k miles.)

I chose Redrobes because he used a system that gave me a fairly realistic piece of land. I'll be looking for the same in the continuation of this project. It might be more difficult now just because I have a mental image of what I want, where as when this started we generated random shapes until one was found that I thought was suitable. For the time being I'm still looking for something realistic and of high resolution. This one was made for a 3' x 6' wall print.

This map is being used to develop a fictional world, ultimately for novel writing. The more I develop it the more I think it will go somewhere along the lines of Gemmell's Drenai saga (Stories written about noteworthy individuals over an extended period of time,) or Kerr's Deverry sagas. Right now I have the migration patterns for humanity from prehistory, several peoples with varying degrees of thought put into them, several short stories mapped out, a rough idea of tectonic plate layout, a rough idea of ore distribution, and I'm beginning to work out a technological timeline.

When Redrobes finished this he gave me the copyright and I will like to retain it at the end of this update. That being said I have no problem paying a fair price for the work. Feel free to post here or PM me with thoughts and questions. I can provide the original files.
    Last edited by Galrion; 05-04-2020 at 10:08 PM.

Hello Galrion,

I interested.

I have worked in Photoshop and ArtRage with a similar style (samples below), but If possible I would like to check the originals files to see if I can understand his process to carry over his style and gauge the amount of work and give you price.

Photoshop - https://www.deviantart.com/thedwarfa...orge-813538539
    Artrage - https://www.deviantart.com/thedwarfa...-RPG-806342527

If you are interested, please contact me at sergiocolauttiart@gmail.com

Cheers,

Sergio

Hi I might be interested in this, feel free to contact me directly on deviant art or my mail there ...

https://www.deviantart.com/n-a-i-m-a...aps-and-worlds

tonelstef @ msn dot com

Thank you all for your interest in this project. After looking over portfolios and having some questions answered I have chosen a cartographer.

Thanks again,

Galrion