Thread: Sample Scenery from New Project

Port Development, British Columbia, Canada

Map Sample Scenery from New Project

Hello Guild,

I'm currently at work on a new project, with my first continent almost fully mapped. Before moving onward, I thought I'd give you a sneak peak to elicit some very necessary criticism. Let me know what you think of this style, which itself is another experimental topo algorithm.

Untitled Work.png

Thank you for any feedback.

Peter

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

That looks really neat! The colors work pretty well. My only possible criticism is with the rivers. The bright white works well inland to stand out but it contrasts slightly where it connects to the sea (a strong example of this is with the rivers and lakes on the bottom edge of the right continent). A slight blending here might work better. Also, a few of the rivers (like the large branchy middle one on the left landmass) are missing small portions / disconnected. The river right above this one also looks a tad strange with how it seems to reach the sea and then there is a small bend away from the sea and back again. I saw this in several areas.
    However, the map looks good and it took actually searching for something (as requested) to find this.

Guild Member Guild Supporter

I don't know if this is something you're taking feedback on at the moment, but I wanted to say I love the texture of your hills here - they remind me very strongly of the Scottish highlands in shape. Very glaciated.