Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: February 2021 Challenge: Sinisteria

Default February 2021 Challenge: Sinisteria

Hi Folks!

It's been a few years... But it's great to see so many people still being active in the guild! I stopped with drawing and cartography some years ago due to busy work. I tried several times to start-up again but didn't succeed.... But I kept missing it so I decided (again to get back in the saddle. And this challenge seems like a great opportunity!

The map I will redo is the Lands of Sinisteria. I created this more then 10 years ago with a lot of help, tips and tricks from this great community. I liked it but was never fully happy with the linework, which was too rough for my taste. So time to do a redo!

I already see some awesome maps in the challenge! So good luck to all participants!

Cheers,
    DJ

The original map to be redone is this one:

### Latest WIP ###
    lands_of_sinisteria_by_djekspek_d2htjtc-fullview.jpg

Guild Expert Facebook Connected XCali's Avatar

Ambitious redoing this map. I like it . It is already a good one, so it will be interesting how you tackle this one. Welcome and good luck

~ Maps-DriveThruRPG ~Free Maps and Assets ~Current Project~

My web novels
    Instagram handle: instagram.com/omrihope
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~The heavens declare the glory of God;
    the skies proclaim the work of His hands.
    Day after day they pour forth speech;
    night after night they reveal knowledge.
    ~ Psalm 19

Welcome back!

Your old map is gorgeous, so I'm really keen to see what you do with the new version.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Very ambitious, especially with 10 days left of the short month. I quite like the roughness of the original, interested to see what you come up with, oh, and welcome back!

IR

Indeed a lot of work, but I have some time on my side the coming days so I hope to get it done...

I tilted the view to make it a bit more dynamic, and started the linework...

### Latest WIP ###
    Sinisteria-02-01.png

This is really interesting piece, i am looking forward to see your result!

do you just draw it in photoshop (or similar program) and tilt it "in your head" or do you have some special 3D tool? Very curious about it.

But great work so far.

I'm really excited to have you rejoin the mapping game! Your old work was a huge inspiration to me back in the day when I started out. Still is! Cool to see how this will turn out.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Thanks @Andarr, indeed it's all done in Photoshop. I grabbed to original map and used the Photoshop distortion tools to re-project it into the new shape. I use that as reference for the landmass, and redraw the landmass outlines on that. And then it's redrawing all mountains, forest etc...

Thanks @Kellerica, I'm also excited to try get in the saddle again. It's great to see that many of you are still here. I'm (and was) always surprised by the talented artist here, and the help I got when starting mapmaking. And it's great to hear that my work inspired you ... it's the greatest compliment an artist can get... thanks!

A lot of line scribbling, but the linework is almost finished... I tried to keep the lines thinner then the original map. I also changed the icons and features to have a bit more detail... Next up is palette picking, and start painting

### Latest WIP ###
    Sinisteria-02-02.png

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast