Thread: Feb/Mar '21 Lite Challenge: Temple of Ba'al Zevoov in the city of Shur

Default Feb/Mar '21 Lite Challenge: Temple of Ba'al Zevoov in the city of Shur

I wanted to do a small temple out of my city map just to play around and have fun. Really not sure how I plan to approach this but the challenge has set parameters that are very useful I think. The first being the 4 hr time limit which limits the size one can realistically map and the second that it has to be useful for game session, which to me congers up the need to include a top down battle lay out requirement for exploring and hacking.

Anyways here's a zoom in of the area on the map which shows the temple and it's depleted and dangerous neighborhood:
    ### Latest WIP ###
    TempleBa'alZeevov.png
    For reference the temple is 10.8 meters wide or thereabouts, and 14.5 meters long.
    Here's the whole city, the temple is in the northwest corner in amongst the slums there:
    Shoriim9.jpg

The idea being there is the temple as the tip of the dark iceberg and even more foul things below in the catacombs and guts of the city. Hopefully I can achieve an inkling of a Robert E. Howard vibe. Presuming I actually finish a challenge for once.

The names are transliterated Aramaic, but the name of this one should be familiar even though it is actually different. Ba'al essentially means master or owner, and zeevoov means flies (so this is not actually the Beelzebub in the Bible which has a different spelling and so is actually a different word in the one time it's mentioned).

Anyways in this minotaur city this Ba'al Zeevoov is a foreign god, worshiped by the imported slaves and other human riffraff and whatever other sub-tauren species may live there. The minotaurs don't particularly care about it if they are even aware. The temple is dark and grotesque filled with dark and grotesque rituals and traditions. And only the adepts and priesthood of the temple know what corruption and filth occurs in the putrid bowels below the structure.

That sounds great! Welcome to the Challenge Falconius!

### Latest WIP ###
    BaalZevoov1.jpg
    I built the upper part of the temple, mostly just to kind of think about it. As I said I'm still not sure how I'm going to approach this.

I have ideas for the tunnels and basements underneath it and what they are doing.

This looks very promising Falconius, what software do you use?

Great textures on the temple!

Quote Originally Posted by Andarr View Post
    This looks very promising Falconius, what software do you use?
    Thanks. This was done in Blender.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    Great textures on the temple!
    Thanks. I'm really liking the node based texturing now that I understand it a bit better.

Very good start Falconius, I like the idea too.

really nice.

Is the roof also made with nodes? If so would you mind sharing a screenshot?

No the roof is a hair particle system. The faces it comes out of are the dark rings are.