Thread: The Foreverlands (WIP)

Default The Foreverlands (WIP)

Developing a map for a series of rpg adventures I'd like to write where the themes are exploration, survival, and colonization.

Backstory: The empire of Tol'Galad, having ruled much of the known world for centuries, had fallen. Surrounded by enemies and broken by internal threats, the realms of the land fell one by one and at the last, when all seemed lost, the Emperor and his legions fought a last desperate battle to hold off the enemy so that his heir and anyone who could travel could make their way to the western shore where ships awaited them to take them away. Rumour and legend said that a vast land lay upon the other side of the ocean. A journey that was likely doomed, but there was no other choice.

When the surviving ships made their way to the Foreverlands, they did see that it was everything they had hoped it was. But soon found that mankind was a stranger here and an unwelcome one at that. Now, having established a colony and the Players are among the new settlers.

I'm using a combination of Paint.net and Photoshop for the creation of the map.

Foreverlands v1.jpg

Not tons of work today, but still progress. Laid in the hex grid, updated some textures and got rid of the column. Tomorrow I'll place down the locations.

Foreverlands v2 med.jpg