Thread: March 2021 Challenge: LMT Invasion

Default March 2021 Challenge: LMT Invasion

Starting rough can be fun. I'm thinking if we will have any chance against an attack we need protective bubbles. We also added some tunnels to get around during an attack. Most of my work is with Gimp. For my presentation I got some help from Blender.

### Latest WIP ###

SpaceMap100.png

Still learning but here goes... I hope I don't blow up the Cartographer's Guild.

OK, still brainstorming. Because we are in alien resistant bubbles, maybe the maps are futuristic? So, maybe a map on a screen. Maybe an interactive map?
    SOOOooo....
    I'm thinking of a map used for news to the general public. It will have to be less technical.
    ### Latest WIP ###
    SpaceMap110.png
    Last edited by WildArtFlyFree; 03-19-2021 at 06:03 PM. Reason: I think the attached image should have been inline?

I added some elevation shading to make the map more mappish. A high voltage powerline is always fun when dealing with alien invasions.

### Latest WIP ###
    SpaceMap135.png

Wallee's Stand happens in the tunnels, so I'm thinking about how to add a underground detail somewhere.

Did some map last night. Today everything looks (expiative). Do you ever get one of those days? Best is to work on a new copy in case the problem isn't the map so much as the current mind set.
    ### Latest WIP ###
    SpaceMap142.png
    Anyway. Thank goodness for computer memory, lots of layers, and a polite audience.

Yesterday we had a treat. The sun came out and we had puddles. You never know how pretty standing water is until you haven't seen it for four months. Alas, this morning it's all white again. Oh well. Spring will come.

### Latest WIP ###
    SpaceMap150.png

You might want to fix the spelling of "Cartographers' Guild" (you substituted another 'a' for the 'o' and moved the apostrophe, though perhaps there's only one cartographer left after the invasion).

Thanks for the spell check, but that note is just filler while I brainstorm. Also, the map is futurystic where people have realised just how unimmportant spelling really iz.

OK. Brainstorming is done. Critiques are invited, although not always enjoyed. I have tried to include interesting places to be protected, attacked or just played around with. I don't know what's going to happen here. That will depend on alien intentions, politics, and however this intelligence mission turns out.

### Latest WIP ###
    SpaceMap145.png

details, details

### Latest WIP ###
    SpaceMap146.png

I think I am ready to wrap this up. The map is from the earliest stages of a possible invasion. The planet knows about the aliens, but earthlings do not know if we should trust them.

We are an elite troop of special intelligence agents (spies). Our governments have hired us to spy on the visitors to decide if they are intending bad things and to stop them if they are.

We have many possible puzzles to ponder. Why would they be interested in this research station. That puzzle will be much easier to solve once we figure out what the research station is researching. Why haven't we been told this? Remember, our bosses are governments.

Next puzzle is, how do we stop the aliens if they are doing something nefarious? As spies, we do not carry large weapons, but we might have a few pocket sized scary weapons.

Next puzzle: How do we get out of here with our lives when this whole thing blows up, because the real bad guys aren't the aliens but are our bosses who really, really don't want us to tell anyone.
    Last edited by WildArtFlyFree; 03-29-2021 at 05:21 PM.

Cool idea and great execution!

Cheers,
    Arsheesh