Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Twin Bridges (Region map)

Guild Expert Facebook Connected XCali's Avatar

Map Twin Bridges (Region map)

Hi everyone!

Okay! So this is my finished map representing a regional part of my Tai Vior world. Twin Bridges.

So, for this one, as I crafted Tai Vior, I wondered about how cool it would be to set a campaign at the intersection between continents. You have the windswept gauntlet that runs through the Black Tusk Mountains, called the Sword Bridge Run. But this one lives up to its name and more. A dangerous way. Especially with the Silent Woods lurking nearby and the great tower of Teir Sabaid looming ominously past it.
    Or you could go south and enter the Water Bridge Marsh to find your way to the next continent. Though, this one is full of ancient mysteries in its eerie marshlands. Not to mention the gut wrenching howls that comes from the giant mushrooms of the Night Gloom Forests. But the City of Nessa'Mor is near. Maybe they could give you a different route altogether through the endless underground tunnels that branch underneath the land. Beware, though, these are ancient roads and few venture in too deep come back.

Whatever your destination, there is much to explore in the lands of the Twin Bridges.
    --
    I would like to hear where you guys want to explore on the map?

Twin_Bridges_v1_3000.jpeg
    © Omri Pieterse - 2021 - All rights reserved

--
    Current greater locations already mapped on this region: (Multiple Variations.)
    Nessa'Mor (City map)
    Thunder Rock (City map)
    Great Bell Echo Caves (Grand Caverns map)

This is a lower quality version of the full map. If you like it and want high definition variations of it and more maps in this world, you can head to my patreon.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by XCali; 04-30-2021 at 03:56 AM.

~ Maps-DriveThruRPG ~Free Maps and Assets ~Current Project~

My web novels
    Instagram handle: instagram.com/omrihope
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~The heavens declare the glory of God;
    the skies proclaim the work of His hands.
    Day after day they pour forth speech;
    night after night they reveal knowledge.
    ~ Psalm 19

Great map XCali.
    Nice vibrant colours and very cool continent shape.
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Wow! The jungle with canyons and waterfalls is a particular standout region for me.

This is great. I love the rich colours, especially the water. And so many details to explore! Love the mushroom-y area near the bottom right. I almost overlooked the corner elements. Great work on those too.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

I would definitely go to the Fall Haven or the Great Bell Echo Caves. Really neat map!

Quote Originally Posted by Voolf View Post
    Great map XCali.
    Nice vibrant colours and very cool continent shape.
    Thanks a bunch! Yeah, I like giving regions a bit more flare.

Quote Originally Posted by jshoer View Post
    Wow! The jungle with canyons and waterfalls is a particular standout region for me.
    Thanks! Glad you like it!

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    This is great. I love the rich colours, especially the water. And so many details to explore! Love the mushroom-y area near the bottom right. I almost overlooked the corner elements. Great work on those too.
    I'm really glad you like it ChickPea. I wanted to map a place that has many interesting places to explore. Regarding the mushroom-y area bottom right, that was me playing around and creating a different biome apart from your more common ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Arimel View Post
    I would definitely go to the Fall Haven or the Great Bell Echo Caves. Really neat map!
    Awesome! I'm happy you picked a place or two to explore. May I ask why those called to you specific? I'm curious.

My web novels
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~ Psalm 19

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XCali View Post
    May I ask why those called to you specific? I'm curious.
    There are a couple of reasons. Firstly, I tend to be partial to forests and mountains - they are somewhat similar to what I have grown up in (though some of my cliffs and mountains are not quite as tall as I remember as a child ) so that tends to narrow regions I would focus on.
    Waterfalls are another fascination for me; I have gone biking and hiking to look at waterfalls before (much to the amusement of my family and friends - not certain my sister will ever forgive me for the 'trail' we biked down one time to get to a waterfall) and, so, why would I not in a fantasy world?
    The caves are a bit harder to explain. I would feel very claustrophobic in them but the idea of the caves of moria / helms deep kind of overpowers that. Who has heard of a fantasy cave that does not look absolutely splendid (at least when the lights are on)?

The fact they are near each other just makes me journey easier (and I can avoid the trip across the borderlands).

Striking colours, for sure! Nice work .

Your map has a marvelous overall look ! I love those colors and how skillfully you manage your transitions. If I had one small critic, it would be about line consistency, it's a matter of personal taste I guess. Great job XCali !

Quote Originally Posted by Arimel View Post
    There are a couple of reasons. Firstly, I tend to be partial to forests and mountains - they are somewhat similar to what I have grown up in (though some of my cliffs and mountains are not quite as tall as I remember as a child ) so that tends to narrow regions I would focus on.
    Waterfalls are another fascination for me; I have gone biking and hiking to look at waterfalls before (much to the amusement of my family and friends - not certain my sister will ever forgive me for the 'trail' we biked down one time to get to a waterfall) and, so, why would I not in a fantasy world?
    The caves are a bit harder to explain. I would feel very claustrophobic in them but the idea of the caves of moria / helms deep kind of overpowers that. Who has heard of a fantasy cave that does not look absolutely splendid (at least when the lights are on)?

The fact they are near each other just makes me journey easier (and I can avoid the trip across the borderlands).
    Hehe, I get you. Mountains and waterfalls calls to me too. Especially when mist cloak some of them.
    As for the cave, well the Bell Echo caves have a lot of different biomes, one of which is more peaceful riverwood one where the town of Rosewood took hold. But further in there are ancient dangers and secrets.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Striking colours, for sure! Nice work .
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    Your map has a marvelous overall look ! I love those colors and how skillfully you manage your transitions. If I had one small critic, it would be about line consistency, it's a matter of personal taste I guess. Great job XCali !
    Much appreciated! Yeah, most maps tend to have more desaturated colors, so its hard to really experiment with different biomes. Though, more saturated colors tend to be harder to blend, it does give A LOT of breathing room in experimentation in different areas.
    When you talk about line consistency, I'm guessing you are talking about the line art? If so, where do you feel there is inconsistency, I might be able to minimize it on a future map.

My web novels
    ~ Psalm 19

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast