Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: June-Aug '21 Lite Challenge: The Bureaucracy of Water

Guild Member

Default June-Aug '21 Lite Challenge: The Bureaucracy of Water

Hey Everyone,
    Attached below is the beginnings of my desert map. Still working out the background details about this arid planet but as the title states, there's a lot of red tape to go through to get a glass of water. I'll noodle on it and post more about this world as I figure it out but here's what I've got so far. It's a topographical look at the water source and the city that guards/protects/administers/squabbles and barely functions for the people who need it to survive.

### Latest WIP ###
    Layout_1.jpg

Hey MatteBlack, Welcome to the challenge. Great idea, cool maps.
    Unfortunately, one of the Lite Challenge rules is that you can not have previously won a Gold Compass.
    Other Guild members who have won a Gold compass have also entered the Lite Challenge for the fun of it, and you are welcome to do so, but, your entry won't be included in the voting. Your maps are great and we appreciate you sharing them with us.

Guild Member

Hey Bogie,
    Thanks for the heads-up, I was not aware of this.
    No worries, it's all about the fun of creating.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

Cool concept here. It shows that a desert is not necessarily a environment type but can also be created in different ways. I hope you will still continue with this one!

Sweet! What program are you using?

Visit my business site: The Elderly Cartographer
    For commissions: Fiverr
    Follow me on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and DeviantArt

Guild Member

Arimel - Thanks, much appreciated. I plan on adding more to it this weekend plus fixing some bugs that happened as I was working on it. I was so careful and I messed something up, hmmm.
    The Elderly Cartographer - Thank you, I built it all in Solidworks. The mountain layers on the right side were a pain in the rear, very slow and tedious.

Neat! Solidworks looks like it handles a lot like Blender3D, which I am an avid user of.

Visit my business site: The Elderly Cartographer
    For commissions: Fiverr
    Follow me on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and DeviantArt

Even though this isn't qualified, it's still brilliantly realized. I want to see this finished, it's gorgeous.

IR

Guild Member

Adfor - Thanks, much appreciated! Yep, I plan on finishing this up if my day job allows me.
    The Elderly Cartographer - Never used Blender but I've watched some clips of guys building starships on YouTube with it. Looks pretty sweet, does it have a big learning curve?.

If you are already familiar with 3D software I doubt the learning curve is terrible. One of the great things about it is that it if you want to know how to do a thing someone has probably made a video about it. And the same is true if you just generally want to learn how to use it, there are plenty of people who've made general introduction courses on youtube, like Blender Guru or Grant Abbitt.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast